Friday 30 October 2015

Hunter Could Strike Gold At Newmarket

A veritable feast of action in store this Saturday with a host of potential Cheltenham horses making their return to action. The Charlie Hall at Wetherby and The Champion Chase at Down Royal are the highlights in the afternoon, while the stars of the flat will be in action later on in America for the Breeders Cup. Racing fans are spoilt for choice, and there are lots of potential winners to be found.

I have written a detailed preview for the Charlie Hall and you can check my analysis and selection here at Bettingtools. I am also a tipster for Bettingtools, and while usually I post my fancies here and on Bettingtools, sometimes I haven't got time to write them up here on my blog. If you don't want to miss any of my selections you can check here.

I have also written a detailed preview for the Champion Chase at Down Royal for the brilliant blog Sportismadeforbetting and you can read it here.

One horse that I believe could run well at a nice price tomorrow goes on the flat at Newmarket in the concluding handicap at 4.30. Gold Hunter, trained by Steve Flook, is an ex Godolphin horse that used to mix it in much better company than this. He is now rated 77, and looks very well treated considering he went close off 93 back in 2013.

Since leaving Godolphin his form has nosedived, but he showed that some ability definitely remained with a close call at Ascot on his penultimate run. That effort came off a mark of 75 on soft over 7f, and he is effectively 1lb lower today if his talented and in form jockey's 3lb claim is considered. He was beaten less than half a length and it was a cracking effort. He was beaten just over 2L off 89 back in April at Wolverhampton, and a repeat of that run would be more than enough here. At odds of 16/1 he looks well worthy of a little e/w support.

STEVOS' SELECTION: 4.20 NEWMARKET GOLD HUNTER 16/1 E/W

No comments:

Post a Comment