Wednesday 9 March 2016

Championship Race Previews

I have written in depth previews of the four feature races on each day of the festival and if you want to read my thoughts on how they will go you can check them at Bettingtools via clicking on the links below.

Day 1- Champion Hurdle

Day 2- Champion Chase

Day 3-World Hurdle

Day-4-Gold Cup

I have also written a piece on the selections put up by Pricewise so far for the festival and you can also read that at Bettingtools by clicking here.

I am planning on writing a preview of each day of the festival, and I will have a selection up and my thoughts behind it for every race. The first day's preview will be up a couple hours after the final declarations for Tuesday's races and I have plenty of nice priced horses in mind. A lot will depend on the ground conditions and even at this late stage the conditions are very uncertain. I will likely have a selection up for the Imperial Cup on Friday and as usual I will tweet as soon as I have published it.

A SMALL FANCY FROM SOUTHWELL

Tomorrow at Southwell I am going to take a chance on Little in the 6f handicap at 5.00. This 4yo daughter of Paco Boy is trained by Steph Hollinshead and she has had a good winter on the all weather tracks. This filly has admittedly not been one of the yard's leading lights, but the drop back to 6f, the return to Southwell and the application of blinkers for the first time are the reasons for my interest in her tomorrow, not to mention her tumbling mark.

She has won 4 races from 24 starts but her only three wins since she broke her maiden have come in plating company. However, she has been running in low grade handicaps for her current yard and a string of poor efforts has seen her mark fall to 46. She wasn't beaten all that far in 3rd back in January off 50 over 6f at Lingfield, going down by less than 3L and her penultimate run off 48 at Wolves was a real eye catcher.

She blew the start, was shuffled back coming around the top bend and didn't get a clear run until the leaders had flown. She wasn't given a hard time but still stayed on very nicely once she found daylight and she was beaten just over 4L in the finish. I have no doubt she would have been a lot closer with a bit more luck.

Her last run saw her stepped up to 7f at Wolves which is a trip that stretches her and she ran down the field accordingly. She drops back down to her optimum trip of 6f back at a track she has won at and if the blinkers sharpen her up at the start, and she can get a good early pitch, I think she has it in her to run a big race at odds of 16/1. She looks worthy of a small each way bet off her basement mark of 46.

STEVOS' SELECTION: 5.00 SOUTHWELL-LITTLE E/W 16/1


No comments:

Post a Comment